Monday, October 12, 2009

Indian Restaurant Style Mix Powder











This is a mix powder used by a lot of Indian Take Aways.

4 Tablespoons of a Madras style curry powder ( I use a hot one , but as pointed out by Mick in the comments I shouldn't be doing this, so I will change to a mild one in future)
2 Tablespoons of Paprika
1 Tablespoon of Tumeric
1 Tablespoon of Cumin powder
1 Tablespoon of Corinder powder
1 Tablespoon of Garam Masala

1 tsp MSG (Optional)

Mix very well and keep in an airtight jar.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Personally I wouldn't use a hot madras powder , you would use the mix powder in some mild curries as well and this may upset the balance,
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mick. I can't argue with the boss so I will change to a milder one in future. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete