Monday, October 26, 2009

Kris Dhillon

I was in contact recently with author Kris Dhillon and am delighted to announce that she has allowed me to put up some of her recipes on the blog.
This is where I started my "real" curry experience. For years I had been making curry the Madhur Jaffrey way and although the results were great they never quite tasted like anything I was after. Then I bought "The Curry Secret" by Kris and everything changed in the world of curry making.
The approach in the book was dead easy, even for a novice like me; and I have been in contact with Kris by email for the last year or so, hounding her with questions on curries and more. I have to say that she has never failed to answer any email I have ever sent her and most times will offer more advice than what I asked for.
It is like finding the Holy Grail of Indian cooking when talking with Kris, she is so knowledgeable and luckily for me, very willing to share.

So I will be putting up some of her recipes soon but I urge you to buy her books if you want a real taste of Indian restaurant cooking, at a fraction of the cost and to be honest...sometimes at twice the flavour of your local.

Check out the Kris Dhillon Link on the right hand side of the blog.

Thanks Kris


No comments:

Post a Comment